Live In Position
The Cooperating Community Programs offers the opportunity to work full time and receive free room & board at select homes. This opportunity is open to Direct Support Professionals and Program Managers.
The Live In position is ideal for people who are:
• Attending college
• Relocating to the Twin Cities
• Saving money for a down payment on their own home
The expectations of the Live In staff vary based on location. Generally, Live In’s are required to work 40 hours of asleep overnight care and 40 hours of daytime/evening care each week. Specific terms and agreements are made upon hire.
Live In employees complete a minimum of 30 hours of training within the first 60 days of employment.
CPR & First Aid
Person Centered Actions
A Day in the Life
Alternative Intervention Techniques
Lifting and Transferring
Specialist On-Site Orientation
Additional Benefits for Live In Employees:
• Private living quarters in the home, rent free!
• Sign on bonus
• Monetary incentives for longevity
Daily Job Duties May Include:
• Encouraging and respecting personal choice and decision making
• Documenting daily progress and health notes
• Administering medication
• Assisting with or fully preparing nutritious meals
• Transporting individuals to community activities, events, doctor’s appointments, and running errands
• Ensuring that the home is safe and clean
• Assisting with personal cares, as needed (including bathing, toileting, changing briefs, brushing teeth, etc.)
• Implementing therapeutic interventions
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Pass a motor vehicle record check with an acceptable driving record
• Possess a reliable vehicle
• Ability to transport up to three people in your vehicle at one time
• Pass the Department of Human Services background check
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, oral and written
• Experience with disabled individuals preferred
Additional Requirements for Live In Program Managers:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 1 year experience with disabled individuals
For more information regarding Live In positions,
please contact Sarah Swenson at (651) 379-9719.